Songs of note

Naturally, all our songs are highly significant and it goes without saying that they are all amazing. Ahem. Some, however, are more significant and amazing than others. Here are my top 3 Vile songs.


This was the first song that made us sit up and go "HEY, we're actually not shit!".

It's shiny and fizzy and poppy, with simple and crap lyrics, like every good hit out there. It's fun to play live because I know both the other 'Trodes will be rocking out to it, and Martin will lose himself with finger-pointy, shouty abandon. This makes me happy.


One Sunday afternoon Martin was bored and itching to play with his toys and create new music. I was nagging him that we needed to finish some existing songs. He ignored me, so I peeled potatoes, clearly intending to punish him by cooking a roast dinner. 

Martin started up a simple drum machine loop on the TR-707 and absentmindedly played a couple of chords on the Juno 6. The arpeggiator setting happened to be on, and the chord pattern stopped me in my starchy tracks. They were brittle and beautiful, like icebergs colliding in space.

2 hours later we had Proximity and a roast chicken. A win all round really. 

Proximity still catches me unawares, and I'm often amazed that I was involved in creating it.

Deep Red

I love this. I know that a lot of Vileophiles found us via this song and the accompanying video on YouTube. It’s a wonderfully epic, brooding number with a soaring synth line that still sends shivers down my spine.

Why is it so significant? Well, catharsis through song-writing has long been a way of dealing with the problems life, and stupid people, throw at you. It’s probably true to state that Vile Electrodes wouldn’t exist if I hadn’t written this song. So I'm glad that I did.

“No more to say. The shadows are darkest on the brightest day”

Toodlepip.

ps - because I don't understand how the interwebs works, Blogger is oddly cropping this video. DAMN YOU BLOGGER!

Comments

  1. It should go:

    Empire of Wolves
    Empire of Wolves
    Empire of Wolves

    Your other stuff is quite good too of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 3????

    Deep Red
    Proximity
    Office Politiks

    I would also expect the following on the new CD:

    Play With Fire
    Empire Of Wolves
    Can't Help But Wanting
    Feed Your Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment